1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you've worked with and why.
My usual go-to universes have been myths. I love all myths and may or may not have a slight obsession with Greek Mythology. I believe that all myths have some basis of truth, even though say Poseidon may not have been a god per-say but an exaggerated story of someone who did great things in the water, maybe one guy was really good at fishing or swimming or saved someone in a ship wreck. It's fun to play with myths as there is no real solid story, everyone has their own interpretation. Currently I'm having fun playing with Lycanthropy aka werewolves.
2. How many characters do you have? Do you prefer males or females?
Over the years.... way too many to count. I don't have a specific gender I prefer.
3. How do you come up with names, for characters (and for places if you're writing about fictional places)?
Usually names I've seen around, picked up from history books, or I google most common names in: whatever area of the world I'm placing them in. E.g. England or Scotland or Russian names.
Or whenever I'm truly stuck I have a baby name app on my phone that generates names randomly to help get the ball rolling.
4. Tell us about one of your first stories/characters!
As a writing exercise I used to turn songs into stories and one of my favorites was Owl City's Saltwater Room. Two random characters that I didn't partially give much thought into, it was mainly the story not so much the characters.
5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about "youngest"?
I've written in a 5 year old and then a 300 year old. It's hard for me to write kids as I'm not too fond of them IRL.
6. Where are you most comfortable writing? At what time of day? Computer or good ol' pen and paper?
I'm a touch typer and prefer working whenever the muse is right. It can hit me at any time of the day, get inspired by a TV series (thank you Netflix), the way someone acts in public, something my long term boyfriend will say or even something stupid my dog will do can inspire me to write.
7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?
Sometimes. If I do it's usually country music. It's calm and flowing type of music so it's easy to tune out when I need to.
8. What's your favourite genre to write? To read?
Fantasy, plain fiction and graphic novels aka comics for both. If i could I would love to write graphic novels but I can't draw to save my life.
9. How do you get ideas for your characters? Describe the process of creating them.
Usually I think about what kind of story I'd like to work with first and then put the basic version of the character into the situation and then see what traits they would form over time then I turn to Sims 4 and use the character creation from there or find actors I think would have a similar appearance. I'm very loose with my writing, there is no one set way something can happen.
10. What are some really weird situations your characters have been in? Everything from serious canon scenes to meme questions counts!
Skin turning green? Meeting half cat people? Um... not much that I can remember sorry XD
11. Who is your favourite character to write? Least favourite?
Currently it's Ethel and Chase. Least, Mike. I'm still figuring his character out and his mannerisms so I get a bit frustrated. Oh and kids.... can't handle writing kids just yet.
12. In what story did you feel you did the best job of world building?
A story I wrote years ago and is still sitting on my hard drive. It was a fairy type world haha I had a thing for fairy myths back when I was 15/16 (I'm 19 on the 28th Feb)
13. What's your favourite culture to write, fictional or not?
Myths in general. Even though I love Greek mythology I love to fan out a lot
14. How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?
Google? Experiences? It's a bit hard to explain. I just pick a place that feels right.
15. Mid way question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!
Rick Riordan (due to the fact that he encourages people to write, has awesome tips on his website and wrote my favourite book series Percy Jackson)
That's kind of it? I'm a bit weird with authors, celebrities and having people I admire.
16. Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how "far" are you willing to go in your writing?
I'm willing to go as far as I need to. If the story is flowing that way then yup that's what will happen. No shame man. We all do it.
17. Favourite protagonist and why!
Chase at the moment. He's nice and chilled to write in his POV. He knows things that the others don't and yeah XD
18. Favourite antagonist and why!
Alexis, I love writing the bad guys, it's fun and there's no limits with them.
19. Favourite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why!
Haven't had that yet, maybe Alex is the closest? He's a funny Scandinavian big lumberjack guy (love the stereotype!)
20. What are your favourite character interactions to write?
When they're all goofing off as friends.
21. Do any of your characters have children? How well do you write them?
Children... I suck at writing as children due to my dislike for them.
22. How long does it usually take you to complete an entire story—from planning to writing to posting (if you post your work)?
Ah ha ha well.... on the rare occasion when I did fanfiction, I'd usually have a chapter out within the night. My own stories, can range between a week to a few years. Haven't completed many of my own.
23. How willing are you to kill your characters if the plot so demands it? What's the most interesting way you've killed someone?
I am willing if that's what need to be done I'll do it unfortunately.
24. Do any of your characters have pets? Tell us about them.
So far only two characters ever created since I was 13 have had pets. Cody and Kilo. Kilo is most recent.
25. Let's talk art! Do you draw your characters? Do others draw them? Pick one of your OCs and post your favourite picture of him!
Sims 4 is where they live or dress up games tend to help get a visual. I'm a bit protective about my characters as of now so no pictures sorry!
26. Along similar lines, do appearances play a big role in your stories? Tell us about them, or if not, how you go about designing your characters.
As I've been saying, I use dress up games, Sims 4, maybe I'll do a shitty rough sketch but that's it. Got no artistic talent.
I do design them to suit the environment and their purpose in the story.
27. Have you ever written a character with physical or mental disabilities? Describe them, and if there's nothing major to speak of, tell us a few smaller ones.
I played with a war amputee for a while?
28. Final question! Tag someone! And tell us what you like about that person as a writer and/or about one of his/her characters!
No tags, but I did get this from: shinyumbreon01.deviantart.com/
Shiny Umbreon 01